Home > Full Size Headpones > Open Back Headphones >
Grado PS1000 Headphones
Grado PS1000 Headphone
Item #: PS 1000
Availability: Special Order
Usually ships In 1-2 Weeks
PeachBudz Value Rating: 9.0 of 10.0
Note: At the manufacturer's request, we are only able to ship this product in the United States
Grado Professional Series PS1000 Headphones
For critical listening applications, the Grado PS1000 is second-to-none. The earpieces are the finest achievement in Grado's quest to reduce resonances. The inner sleeve is made from a hybrid of selected species of hand-crafted mahogany, intricately cured. The wood is then bonded to the outer sleeve, which is made from a carefully processed and casted metal alloy. The end result is an earphone chamber completely free of ringing.
A similarly thorough approach was taken with regard to the drivers, which benefit from a newly re-engineered approach to diaphragm and voice coil design. Even the cord has been optimized, using a new eight-conductor design with UHPLC (ultra-high purity, long crystal) copper. The result is a wide frequency response with astonishing clarity and stability across the entire tonal range.
What's all this performance without comfort? Grado uses specially designed foam pads and a leather head band to ensure that just wearing that the PS1000 is an experience of unprecedented luxury.
All factors taken together, the PS1000 is one of the finest headphones ever. Made with pride in Brooklyn, NY, U.S.A.
- Cable Length: 6 feet
- Jack Plug: 1/4" & 1/8" (Adapter)
- Ear Coupling: Around-the-Ear
- Frequency Response: 5 -50,000 Hz
- Normal Impedence: 32
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Driver Size: .05
- Weight: 18 ounces
- Sensitivity (1kHz): 98
- Impedance (1kHz): 32 ohms
- Resonance control through hybrid mahogany/metal alloy earpieces
- Advanced drivers are the pinnacle of Grado's engineering efforts
- Unsurpassed comfort through foam earpads and leather headband
- Combination of wood and metal ensures that the earphone chamber has no ringing
- Wood and metal housing moves air and reacts to sound vibrations and is unaffected by transient distortions
- New eight-conductor cable design, utilizing UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity Long Crystal) copper, improves control and stability of the total range of the frequency spectrum
- Re-Configured voice coil and diaphragm design provides an incredibly quick and accurate response
- Cushion design creates the ideal balance between the driver and housing to produce excellent sound quality and ultimate comfort
- Aluminum construction for tight, articulate responsiveness
- Replaceable earpads for long use life
- Vented diaphragm
- Hybrid air chamber
- UHPLC copper voice coil wire
- UHPLC copper connecting cord
Expert ReviewsThey may cost as much as a big-screen TV, but the PS1000s are simply the best-sounding, most comfortable, and best-looking Grado headphones we've ever tested.
- CNet ReviewsIt's extremely rare to find a product that's so revealing, yet so musical with it. To get a similar level of performance from speakers would cost 10 times as much.
- WhatHifiCustomer Reviews:
Grado PS1000 Headphones